Foodstuffs is committed to improving the nutritional profile of its private label foods so that our customers can eat more healthily.
We are taking a leadership role in encouraging suppliers of proprietary brands to continue their product reformulation efforts and/or introduce healthier options so that the nutritional profile of supermarket foods improves overall.
Specifically, we are:
Reformulating private label products so that by the end of 2018 we will have:
- Reduced the sugar content in existing products by 10% in total
- Reduced the sodium content in existing products by 10% in total
- Reduced saturated fat content across the private label range
- Make nutrition a consideration when developing new products
- Promote product reformulation with our supplier community by championing this cause whenever we formally engage with suppliers
- Establish a new Supplier Award to recognise supplier commitment and achievement in supporting our objective to make more nutritious food available to our customers.